Dr. Ronald T.K. Pang
BSc, MPhil, PhD (HK)
- Role of microRNA in embryo development.
- Role of microRNA in cervical cancer.
- Epigenetic regulation in early embryo.
- Mechanism of embryo implantation.
Wang B, Ye TM, Lee KF, Chiu PC, Pang RT, Ng EH, Yeung WS.Annexin A2 Acts as an Adhesion Molecule on the Endometrial Epithelium during Implantation in Mice. PLoS One. 2015 Oct 7;10(10):e0139506. [Medline]
Ye TM, Pang RT, Leung CO, Chiu JF, Yeung WS. Two-dimensional liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry-based proteomic characterization of endometrial luminal epithelial surface proteins responsible for embryo implantation. Fertil Steril. 2015 Mar;103(3):853-61.e3. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2014.12.110. Epub 2015 Jan 24. [PubMed]
Leung CO, Deng W, Ye TM, Ngan HYS, Tsao SW, Cheung ANY, Pang RTK and Yeung WSB. miR-135a leads to cervical cancer cell transformation through regulation of β-catenin via a SIAH1-dependent ubiquitin proteosomal pathway. Carcinogenesis 2014 Sep;35(9):1931-40.
Cheong AW, Pang RT, Liu WM, Kottawatta KS, Lee KF, Yeung WS. MicroRNA Let-7a and dicer are important in the activation and implantation of delayed implanting mouse embryos. Hum Reprod. 2014 Jan 12. [Epub ahead of print] [PubMed]
Lee CL, Lam MPY, Lam KKW, Leung CON, Pang RTK, Chu IK, Wan THL, Chai J, Yeung WSB, Chiu PCN. The identification of CD147 (Basigin) as a mediator of trophoblast functions. Hum Reprod 2013 Sep. [ Epub ahead of print] [PubMed]
Chen AC, Lee YL, Hou DY, Fong SW, Peng Q, Pang RT, Chiu PC, Ho PC, Lee KF, Yeung WS. Study of transforming growth factor alpha for the maintenance of human embryonic stem cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2012 Nov;350(2):289-303. [Medline]
Lam KK, Pang RT, Lee CL, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Ho PC, Yeung WS, Chiu PC. Glycodelin-A modulates syncytialization of human BeWo choriocarcinoma cell line. Placenta. 2012 Sep;33(9):750-2 [PubMed]
Liu WM, Pang RT, Cheong AW, Ng EH, Lao K, Lee KF, Yeung WS. Involvement of microRNA lethal-7a in the regulation of embryo implantation in mice. PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e37039. [Medline]
Liu WM, Pang RT, Chiu PC, Wong BP, Lao K, Lee KF, Yeung WS. Sperm-borne microRNA-34c is required for the first cleavage division in mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2012;109(2):490-4. [Medline]
Ye TM, Pang RT, Leung CO, Liu W, Yeung WS. Development and characterization of an endometrial tissue culture model for study of early implantation events. Fertil Steril. 2012 Dec;98(6):1581-9. [PubMed]
Lam KK, Chiu PC, Lee CL, Pang RT, Leung CO, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Ho PC, Yeung WS. Glycodelin-A protein interacts with Siglec-6 protein to suppress trophoblast invasiveness by down-regulating extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)/c-Jun signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011 Oct 28;286(43):37118-27. [PubMed]
Lee CL, Lam KK, Koistinen H, Seppala M, Kurpisz M, Fernandez N, Pang RT, Yeung WS, Chiu PC. Glycodelin-A as a paracrine regulator in early pregnancy. J Reprod Immunol. 2011 Jun;90(1):29-34.
Pang RT, Liu WM, Leung CO, Ye TM, Kwan PC, Lee KF, Yeung WS. miR-135A regulates preimplantation embryo development through down-regulation of E3 Ubiquitin Ligase Seven In Absentia Homolog 1A (SIAH1A) expression. PLoS One. 2011;6:e27878. [Medline]
Pang RTK, Leung ON, Ye T, Liu W, Chiu CN, Lam KW, Lee KF, Yeung WSB. MicroRNA-34a suppresses invasion through downregulation of Notch1 and Jagged1 in cervical carcinoma and choriocarcinoma cells, Carcinogenesis 2010;31:1037-1044. [PubMed]
Chiu PC, Wong BS, Lee CL, Pang RT, Lee KF, Sumitro SB, Gupta SK, Yeung WS. Native human zona pellucida glycoproteins: purification and binding properties. Hum Reprod. 2008 Jun;23(6):1385-93. [PubMed]
- Complementary role of sperm sialyl-Lewis(x) binding proteins and sialidase on sperm-zona pellucida interaction (HKU764512M). University Grants Committee of Hong Kong, Research Grants Council, General Research Fund, 2012 (Co-Investigator).
- The roles of protein disulfide isomerase family A, member 3 (ERp57) and surface thiol/disulfide exchange in spermatozoa-zona pellucida binding and their association with fertilization in vitro (HKU764611M). University Grants Committee of Hong Kong, Research Grants Council, General Research Fund, 2011 (Co-Investigator).
- Role of microRNA let-7 in implantation of mouse blastocysts (HKU783910M) University Grants Committee of Hong Kong, Research Grants Council, General Research Fund, 2010 (Co-Investigator).
- Control of human trophoblast invasion by glycodelin-A (HKU763508M). University Grants Committee of Hong Kong, Research Grants Council, General Research Fund, 2008 (Co-Investigator).
- A study on glycodelin-A induced differentiation of trophoblast cells (HKU780308M). University Grants Committee of Hong Kong, Research Grants Council, General Research Fund, 2008 (Co-Investigator).
Awards and Honors
- Excellent Poster Presentation: Involvement of microRNA Lethal-7a in the Regulation of Embryo Implantation in Mice. Liu, W.M., R.T. Pang, A.W. Cheong, K.F. Lee, W.S. Yeung. 2nd SKLRB Symposia on “Frontiers in Reproductive Biology”, Beijing, 2012.
- Basic Science Award: MicroRNA-135a regulates early embryo development through mediating expression of E3 Ubiquitin Ligase Seven In Absentia Homolog 1 (SIAH1). C.O. Leung, R.T. Pang., W.M. Liu, K.F. Lee, W.S. Yeung. 26th Annual Meeting of European Society for Reproduction and Embryology, Rome, 2010.
- Excellent Poster Presentation: MicroRNA-34c is important for the first cell division in mouse embryos. W.S. Yeung, Liu, W.M., R.T. Pang, P.C. Chiu, K. Lao, K.F. Lee. First SKLAB Symposia on Frontiers in Preimplantation Biology, Beijing, 2010.
- Best Abstract Award: MicroRNA let-7 is important in embryo implantation. Liu, W.M., R.T. Pang, K.F. Lee, W.S. Yeung. Annual Scientific Meeting of the Hong Kong Society for Reproductive Medicine, Hong Kong, 2010.
- Distinguished Abstract Awards: Serum proteomic profiling identified beta- thromboglobulin and platelet factor 4 as prognostic indicators in severe acute respiratory syndrome. R.T. Pang, K.C. Chan, N.L. Lee, R.W. Chiu, Y.K. Tong, S.S. Chim, S.M. Ngai, J.J. Sung, Y.M. Lo, Poon, T.C. Annual meeting of American Association for Clinical Chemistry, Chicago, 2006.
Books and reviews
- B.K. Chow, R.T. Pang, S.S. Ng. Molecular evolution of PACAP precursor and PACAP receptors. In “Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003.