Dr. Cherie Y.L. LEE (李燕柳博士)
BSc; MPhil; PhD (HK)
locationL7-48, Laboratory Block, FOMB, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
telephone(852) 2819 9368
facsimile(852) 2816 1947
HKU Scholars HubHKU Scholars Hub
- Epigenetic regulation during undifferentiated growth of pluripotent stem cells and reprogramming of induced pluripotent stem cells.
- The epigenetic effect of hyperglycemia on pancreatic beta cell differentiation.
- Effect of extracellular matrix on culture of human embryonic stem cells.
- The role of connexin gap junctions in the survival and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells.
- Study of genetic instability in human embryonic stem cells.
Lai K.P., Li J.W., Chan T.F., Chen C.H., Lee C.Y.L., Yeung W.S.B. and Wong C.K., Transcriptomic and methylomic analysis reveal the toxicological effect of 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin on human embryonic stem cell. , Chemosphere. Elsevier Ltd, 2018, 206: 663-673. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.05.058 (Publication No. : 295250)
Kwok C.T.D., LEUNG M.H., Qin J., QIN Y., Wang J.J., Lee C.Y.L. and Yao K.M., The Forkhead box transcription factor FOXM1 is required for the maintenance of cell proliferation and protection against oxidative stress in human embryonic stem cells, Stem Cell Research. 2016.
Kim JW, Mahner S, Wu LY, Shoji T, Kim BG, Zhu JQ, Takano T, Park SY, Kong BH, Wu Q, Wang KL, Ngan HY, Liu JH, Wei LH, Mitrica I, Zhang P, Crescenzo R, Wang Q, Cox CJ, Harter P, du Bois A, Pazopanib Maintenance Therapy in East Asian Women With Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Cancer: Results From AGO-OVAR16 and an East Asian Study. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2015 Nov 19.
Lee YL, Fong SW, Chen AC, Li T, Yue C, Lee CL, Ng EH, Yeung WS, Lee KF.Establishment of a novel human embryonic stem cell-derived trophoblastic spheroid implantation model. Hum Reprod. 2015 Sep 7. pii: dev223. [Epub ahead of print]
Huang VW, Lee CL, Lee YL, Lam KK, Ko JK, Yeung WSB, Ho PC, Chiu PC. Sperm fucosyltransferase-5 mediates spermatozoa-oviductal epithelial cell interaction to protect human spermatozoa from oxidative damage. Molecular Human Reproduction 2015 Jun;21(6):516-26.
Chen AC, Lee YL, Hou DY, Fong SW, Peng Q, Pang RT, Chiu PC, Ho PC, Lee KF, Yeung WS. Study of transforming growth factor alpha for the maintenance of human embryonic stem cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2012 Nov;350(2):289-303. [Medline]
Chiu CN, Lam KK, Lee CL, Huang VW, Wong BS, Zhao W, Li K, Ho PC, Yeung WSB. Adrenomedullin enhances the progressive motility and zona pellucida-binding capacity of spermatozoa from normozoospermic but not asthenozoospermic men. Molecular Reproduction and Development 2012;79(2): 76. [PubMed]
Lee YL, Peng Q, Fong SW, Chen AC, Lee KF, Ng EH, Nagy A, Yeung WS. Sirtuin 1 facilitates generation of induced pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic fibroblasts through the miR-34a and p53 pathways. PLoS One. 2012;7(9):e45633. [Medline]
Lee KF, Lee YL, Chan RWS, Cheong AWY, Ng EHY, Ho PC, Yeung WSB. Up-regulation of endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor but not vascular endothelial growth factor in human ectopic endometriotic tissue, Fertility and Sterility. 2010;93:1052-1060. (Publication No. : 175168)
Yeung WSB, Lee YL, Lee KF. Coculture and Assisted Reproduction, In: WL Ledger, SL Tan and AOS Bahathiq, The Fallopian tube in fertility and IVF practice. Cambridge University Press, 2010, 8-17. (Publication No. : 174169)
Lee YL, Liu Y, Ng PY, Lee KF, Au CL, Ng EH, Ho PC, Yeung WS. Aberrant expression of angiopoietins-1 and -2 and vascular endothelial growth factor-A in peri-implantation endometrium after gonadotrophin stimulation. Hum Reprod. 2008 Apr;23(4):894-903. [PubMed]
- Regulation of the complement C3 expression in mouse. Small Project Funding 2004-2006 (Co-Investigator)
- The molecular interaction between human oviductal embryotrophic factor-3 and embryo. University Grants Committee of Hong Kong (UGC) Research Grants Council (RGC) Earmarked Grant for Research 2004-2005 (Co-Investigator)
HK$939,968 (2004-2006) plus HK$45,000 (Merit Award from HKU)
- Effects of C3 deficiency on preimplantation embryo development and implantation potential. Small Project Funding 2005-2007 (Principal-Investigator)
- Mechanism of action of EG-VEGF on human uterine microvascular endothelial cell. Small Project Funding 2007-2009 (Co-Investigator)
- A comparative study of the extracellular matrix molecules from feeder cells supporting the growth of human embryonic stem cells. Small Project Funding 2007-2009 (Co-Investigator)
- Study of Fibulin 5 in human endometrium and mouse uterus. Small Project Funding 2008-2010 (Principal-Investigator)
- A Study of Oviductal Epoxide Hydrolase on reducing Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) in an Embryo Co-culture System. Small Project Funding 2008-2010 (Co-Investigator)
- The functional roles of histone H3K9 demethylase Jmjd2 family in determination of trophoblast lineages. General Research Fund (GRF) 2010-2013 (Co-Investigator)
- Role of Sirt1 in generation of mouse induced pluripotent stem cells. General Research Fund (GRF) 2011-2014
- Hong Kong Society of endocrinology, metabolism and reproduction, associate member (2004- present)
- Hong Kong Society of mass spectrometry, member (2004-2005)
Awards and Honors
- Human oviductal embryotrophic factor-3 affect sodium potassium ATPase-b1 but not hepsin mRNA expression in preimplantation mouse embryo. The 7th Research Postgraduate Symposium, The University of Hong Kong, Dec 7, 2002 Hong Kong. (Awarded outstanding presentation)
- University of Hong Kong/China Medical Board Grant (2007) for training on derivation, characterization and culture of human embryonic stem cells in the Stem Cell Bank of Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe, Valencia Spain (15 Sept 2007-8 March 2008).