Dr. Noel W.M. SHEK 石允文醫生
MBBS (HK); MRCOG; FHKCOG; FHKAM (O&G); Cert RCOG (Maternal and Fetal Med)
|Department of O & G, Queen Mary Hospital|
- General Obstetrics
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Lau C.T., Kan S.Y.A., Shek N.W.M., Tam P.K.H. and Wong K.K.Y., Is congenital pulmonary airway malformation really a rare disease? Result of a prospective registry with universal antenatal screening program, Pediatric Surgery International. 2017, 33(1): 105-108.
Shek N.W.M., Clinical practice of caesarean section revisited: present and future, Hong Kong Medical Journal. 2017, 324-325.
Lai CWS, Shek NWM. Fetal Meconium Peritonitis and Maternal liver disease. Obstetrics and Gynecology 2016 Apr;127(4):740-3.
Lui MWE, Shek NWM, Li RHW, Chu SKF and Pun TC. Management of heterotopic cesarean scar pregnancy by repeated transvaginal ultrasonographic-guided aspiration with successful preservation of normal intrauterine pregnancy and complicated by arteriovenous malformation. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2014, 175: 209-210.
Shek NWM, Ngai CSW, Lee CP, Chan YC and Lao TTH. Lifestyle modifications in the development of diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome in Chinese women who had gestational diabetes mellitus: a randomized interventional trial. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics . 2014, 289: 319-327.
Cheung KW, Shek NW, Chan KH. An unusual cause of postpartum collapse: undiagnosed myasthenia gravis. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2013 Jul;33(5):528-9. [PubMed]
Cheung KW, Shek NW, Wong WH, Lee CP. Splenic rupture: first case of successful conservation after caesarean delivery and anticoagulation. Journal: Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2013. In press. (ID: 816664 DOI:10.3109/01443615.2013.816664)
Ko JK, Shek NW, Lee CP. Transient diabetes insipidus with severe maternal and fetal hypernatremia. Case Report in Perinatal Medicine 2013. In press.
Shek NW, Hillman SC, Kilby MD. Single-twin demise: Pregnancy outcome. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology, accepted. [Journal]
Shek NW, Ngai CS, Lee CP, Chan JY, Lao TT. Lifestyle modifications in the development of diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome in Chinese women who had gestational diabetes mellitus: a randomized interventional trial. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2013 Jul 30. [PubMed]
Shek NW, Tan TY, Ding CK, Chung BH, Lau ET, Tang MHY. Prenatal diagnosis of agenesis of the corpus callosum and cerebellar vermian hypoplasia associated with a microdeletion on chromosome 1p32. Case Report in Perinatal Medicine March 2013. In press.
Shek NW, Lao TT, Chan KK. Mode of anaesthesia on fetal acid-base status at caesarean section. J Perinat Med. 2012 Jul 14. [PubMed]
- Shek WMN, Choy MY, Lao TT. Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha Induced Insulin Resistance in a Human First Trimester Trophoblast Cell Line. 27th Annual General Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Immunology. 14th-16th May, 2007. Toronto, Canada. (Poster)
- Shek WN, Lao TT, Chan KK. Effect of Mode of Anaesthesia on Fetal Acid-Base Status at Caesarean Section. 13th World Congress on Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility, Berlin, Germany. 4th-7th November, 2010. (Poster)
- Lau ET, Tang T, Chan SY, Ding CY, Hui PW, Shek N, Lee CP, Leung KY, Ma T, Tang MHY. Evaluation of aCGH for Prenatal Diagnosis
- Since 2008: Instructor of Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) course
- 2009: Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgery (Advanced level) (The Hong Kong College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists)
- Dec 2011 to Nov 2012: Subspecialty trainee in Maternal Fetal Medicine (RCOG) in Birmingham Women's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Since 2013: Subspecialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine, accredited by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Since 2013: Provider of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (American Heart Association)
Awards and Honors
- 2011 Ho Hung Chiu Medical Foundation for overseas training - Scholarship
- 2013 Outstanding team award in Hong Kong West Cluster, Hospital Authority